Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday Favorites Weekly Meme - The Fever Series

*I have finals coming up next week, and then winter break lasts until January 12th folks! I will have almost four full weeks to indulge myself in piles and piles of books that I've been dying to read! Does anyone have any recommendations for me? Books that they have read recently that they absolutely loved?! If so, please leave me a comment below. I am building my TBR pile for this wonderful four week stretch of total immersion into everything bookish. Muah!
~Morrighan


Friday Favorites is a weekly meme hosted by the beautiful Miss Natalie over at The Book Lover's Life. My choice for this week is The Fever Series by the talented Miss Karen Moning. This series is categorized as urban fantasy, and I recommend it for anyone 16+ due to descriptive sexual scenes!

Mini Synopsis of the Series

Mac's life is perfect- great friends, fun job, and a hellavu fashion sense. Until the day she gets a call that her sister was murdered while studying abroad in Ireland. A cryptic message from her sister and a need for vengeance drives her to travel to the city of her sister's death, Dublin. While there, Mac begins to notice strange things. Large portions of the city are blocked out, and she is having hallucinations of nonexistent creatures. Or is she? Terrified with no other place to go, she finds herself in a beautiful book store where she meets the elusive Barrons. He is sexy, mysterious, and a complete asshole. With Barron's help, Mac finds out that she is a sidhe-seer- with the gift to see the Fae World that most humans cannot. But this is no child's faerie tale. The Fae are more dangerous than she could have ever known, and now they know that she can see them. Can she stay alive in Dublin long enough to unravel the mystery of her sister's death, or will the Fae destroy her and her gift of sight?

Karen Moning is an amazing writer. I have never gotten around to reading anything else by her, but this series is hands down, one of my most favorite urban fantasies ever! The world she creates from modern day Dublin is incredibly detailed and terrifying! The characters and their relationships are intense and sexy as hell. Barrons. Oh, Barrons. Sigh. If you are offended by steamy sex scenes, this may not be the book for you. They are rare and placed strategically, but they are there nonetheless. This series definitely leans toward the adult persuasion, with intense physical relationships and mild swearing. The plot lines are thick and well crafted. It seems this entire series was already written inside Moning's head, and she planned from the beginning to end it the way that she did. Haunting, beautiful, and twisted.. read it! You will not be disappointed! (:

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. Mutual love fest for this series. This is probably the second PNR series that I've followed religiously after BDB. I love Barrons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never gotten into Black Dagger Brotherhood but I've heard so many good things! Damn, Barrons is sexy as hell! Looking back on this series, I believe it deserves a full reread. I'm not one for re-reading anything, but this series was fantastic! Thanks for stopping by girl (:

      Delete
  2. I've never read anything based on Ireland so I think I'm gonna give this one a go! Also, fairies! I love reading about fairies. And about recommendations.... I've just finished Shadow and Bone and holy moly, that was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Noelia, I just read your post and it gave me another recommendation as well. Falling Kingdoms has been on my TBR for a while now, and hopefully I can get around to that since the third book comes out Dec. 9th. Pillars of the Earth is also one that I just never got around to! Thanks so much for the suggestions.. it's gonna be a wonderful four weeks!

      You definitely should try these books out. The world building is amazing, honestly. I loved everything about it, and I hope you will too!

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of The Fever series before but from the way you've described it, it sounds really good. I'm definitely going to check out the books. Thanks for sharing about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely worth checking out! All five of them are already out, so no waiting around for awful cliffhangers, as well! I hope you enjoy them Kayla, and I look forward to reading your thoughts (:

      Delete
  4. I like these Fotos. Did you take them yourself?

    ReplyDelete