Sunday, September 21, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - Book Haul 9/21

For my birthday, I got a gift card that was specifically for buying books, as if I would buy anything else! (: I ended up scoring 12 brand new books.. yay! There is nothing better in this world than a book shopping spree! From top to bottom, here we go..

1. A Temptation of Angels
By Michelle Zink
Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.

2. Born Wicked
By Jessica Spotswood
The Cahill Witch Chronicles book 1
Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. But the truth is even worse: they’re witches.

3. Chime
By Franny Billingsley
Briony is a witch that lives in fear. In her village, witches are sentenced to death. Can she hide her secret, or will she end up like her mother?

4. Black City
By Elizabeth Richards
A Black City Series book 1
I've already reviewed this book, but only owned the ebook version. This is an amazing book Miss Richards, so I bought a copy! A dystopian vampire novel with crazy twists and turns, this is a three book series.

5. Dragonswood
By Janet Lee Carey
On Wilde Island, there is no peace between dragons, fairies, and humans. I saw the word, fairies and I stuck it in the basket. Yes, my fairie obsession is still going strong!

6. The Treachery of Beautiful Things
By Ruth Frances Long
A darkly compelling mix of romance, fairy tale, and suspense from a new voice in teen fiction.

7. Spirit Walk
By Richie Tankersley Cusick
Book 1 & 2 in the Walk Series
Unsettling. There's no better word to describe Miranda Barnes's ability to hear the cries of the dead, feel the wind move her hair when they run by, and - dare she look into a mirror - see the reflection of a ghostly woman behind her.

8. Extraordinary
By Nancy Werlin
Werlin delivers a captivating novel of friendship and trust, where the past determines the future and a generations-old curse requires the ultimate sacrifice.

9. Wake Unto Me
By Lisa Cach
A haunted castle, a handsome young man dead for four hundred years, one heck of a scary portrait of a witch, and a treasure hunt -- not to mention a princess for a roommate!

10. Strange Angels & Betrayals
By Lili St. Crow
Strange Angels Series books 1 & 2
I still have yet to read this series, but I heard amazing things and cannot wait to get into it!

11. Lucid
By Adrienne Stoltz & Ron Bass
What if you could dream your way into a different life? What if you could choose to live that life forever?

12. The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove
By Lauren Kate
From blackmail to buried desire, dark secrets to darker deeds, Natalie unravels. She never should've messed with fate. Fate is the one thing more twisted than Natalie Hargrove. Cruel Intentions meets Macbeth in this seductive, riveting tale of conscience and consequence.

Watch for these reviews and more in the upcoming weeks! That's all for today folks.. (:

5 comments:

  1. OOoh, all of these books sounds really interesting! I've yet to read Dragonwood, although I do own it. I really have to get around to it, lol.

    Great haul! I LOVE getting gift cards for my birthday! Happy belated birthday btw. When was it?

    Jules The Book of Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules, my birthday was September 17. I would much rather get a gift card since I am ridiculously picky about.. well.. pretty much everything lol (:

      My TBR pile is massive, and it will probably take me a while to get around to reading any of them! I'll just use them for decoration right now. Thank again for your comment lady (:

      Delete
  2. I, too have a habit of picking up anything with fairies- surprisingly few books use them any more, except as minor characters.
    Awesome haul! ...I'm jealous...
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything with fairies! Have you read the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne? He is an amazing writer, with really accurate Celtic history thrown throughout his stories. If you haven't read them- definitely check them out. You will not be disappointed! And thank you for your comment (:

      Delete
  3. Oh man, what a great haul. I'll just say this: CHIME IS BRILLIANT!. Done.

    ReplyDelete