Monday, September 22, 2014

Revelation by Randi Cooley Wilson

Revelation
By: Randi Cooley Wilson
Series: The Revelation Series #1
Paperback: 314 pages
Published: May 1, 2014
Self Published
Rated: 4.2 out of 5 Stars

A divine secret, a loyal protector, a forbidden love.
Eve Collins starts her freshman year at college blissfully unaware that one revelation will challenge everything she’s believed to be true about her family, life, and future, and right in the midst of it all is Asher St. Michael.

Mysterious and aloof, Asher is appointed to protect Eve at all costs. Bound by his oath of loyalty to mankind, loving her is forbidden.
Dark and enigmatic, Gage Gallagher may be even more dangerous to Eve than the demonic army that hunts her.

Caught in the middle of a centuries old war, Eve must choose sides knowing that the wrong choice will cost more than just her life.
Can Asher and Eve fulfill their destinies or will their love destroy everything?


This book has been sitting on my TBR shelf for quite a while, but I never got around to reading it. I have no idea why, because it was amazing Miss Wilson! I really enjoyed this story of forbidden love and the ultimate sacrifice. The world building was decent, with a college setting in a small Massachusetts town. The plot line was also pretty good, with a few twists and turns throughout. But the characters were what pulled it all together for me. I instantly found myself in Eve's shoes, living everything through her and sympathizing with her more than I do with most female leads. She is strong, yet not too strong that she appears heartless or cold. Asher is an amazing male character, and the way that she writes him reminds me of the way Jennifer Armentrout writes her males. The stubborn, infuriating, piss-you-off constantly- yet perfect specimen of a male. That is Asher. He is gorgeous, strong, supernatural, closed off- yet Eve is able to undo him and his hardened exterior to find the perfect, gentle man beneath. Sigh. The smaller characters are all wonderful as well. Gage is complex and multi-layered, and I'm thinking he could become an ally further into the series. (Please, no love triangles though Miss Wilson!) Aria, Abby, and even Kenna are all great supporting characters, and they each have different personalities that shine through in this book. I also loved the way that she meshed different supernatural characters together. This book has Fae, angels, demons, gargoyles, hellhounds, and Daughters of Heaven. I honestly cannot wait to read the second one in this series. It is called Restraint and was published at the end of July, 2014.

"Leaning on a classic black Wiesmann Roadster, in the parking lot near Lexington Hall, is a tall, lean, good-looking guy. He's smiling at his fan girl harem. Smoldering hot guy is the type of male that females instantly drop their panties for. No doubt he makes every girl feel as if they're the only one on the planet. Dame if he didn't have the chiseled cheeks and blond scruff along his perfect jawline to solidify the cliche." -Randi Cooley Wilson about Gage

"'I don't know. He just appeared, looking all cunning and surrounded by his fan club,' I say, feigning disinterest but keeping my eyes glued to him, watching his every move with an abnormal curiosity. 'Well, he's YUMMY. I wouldn't mind licking him up and down like a lollipop,' she states with enthusiasm, wiggling her eyebrows. I glance matter-of-factly at her. 'Don't you think the other ten guys you're currently sleeping with would be upset if they saw you licking him in broad daylight, in the quad no less?' 'I'm not sleeping with ten guys.' Aria fakes offense. 'It's only three'. She pretends to sulk. I offer a smug smirk. 'My apologies. I didn't mean to over exaggerate your promiscuity.'-Randi Cooley Wilson - Eve & Aria

"'You're ready'. I shake my head. 'I'm not.' 'You are.' 'What if I don't want it?' 'That's not an option,' Asher reminds me. 'What if I fall?' 'I'll catch you.' 'What if I fail?' 'I won't let you.' 'What if I get hurt?' 'I will protect you always.'"-Randi Cooley Wilson - Asher & Eve

Connect with Randi Cooley Wilson:
RandiCooleyWilson.com; Twitter; Goodreads.

Tags: Revelation Series, angels, demons, paranormal urban fantasy, book reviews

1 comment:

  1. You always read the books with the coolest covers, I swear. xD! Kind of cool that this was self-published!

    Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete