Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dark Swan Series

Dark Swan Series by Richelle Mead - Rated 4.4/5.0

Book 1: Storm Born
Book 2: Thorn Queen
Book 3: Iron Crowned
Book 4: Shadow Heir

In this wonderfully written Fae series, a young woman by the name of Eugeenie Markham discovers her Faerie ancestry while attempting to fulfill her duties as a Shaman in Arizona. This series is written more for the adult spectrum of Urban Fantasy, abundant with steamy sex scenes. The world building is great and as the series progresses, the characters become part of your family. A dominant female ass kicking protagonist, as well as a number of strong support characters. I found myself falling in love with Kiyo, a Japanese kitsune, as well as Dorian, the Oak King from the Otherworld. While uncovering her heritage and inheritance of power, Eugeenie stumbles across a prophecy that will change her life forever. Lots of twists and turns in the plot-line. Truly great writing!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard a lot about Richelle Mead's books, but I have never tried them myself! I am not someone who really reads books with steamy sex scenes, so I might give this one a miss, but a good review nonetheless ^^

    ReplyDelete