Saturday, October 11, 2014

Book Haul - October 11, 2014!

As I mentioned, I ordered almost $100 worth of books through the greatest website ever.. half.com. I received my shipment of 31 books today! Most are hardbacks.. this is a documentation of my phenomenal book haul! I definitely had a bookgasm when I opened the huge box and saw all of my new beautiful books. I even sniffed a few.. yes, I admitted it.. don't judge!

1-5.) I got the entire Fever Series by Karen Moning! I own the ebook versions, but since this was one of my favorite series ever, I had to have the physical copies. Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, and Shadowfever are the five books in the series, and they are phenomenal. Definitely not recommended for anyone under the age of 16, as there are sexy scenes throughout all five books inappropriate for YA. The fae world that Miss Moning builds in this series is stunning! If you haven't read these books yet, please check them out!
Fever Series Review

6-8.) Holly Black's Modern Tales of Faerie Series. The complete series, including Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside. I have yet to read these books, but with my obsession of the Fae world, I have a feeling that I will absolutely love them! I've had a few blogger friends recommend them to me, and these will most likely end up next on my overwhelming TBR list!

9-11.) Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely Series. I own all of these in ebook format, but I really did enjoy this series. Surprise, surprise, it is another wonderful fae series (: I already own two of these books, so I bought the rest to finish out the series. Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, Fragile Eternity, Radiant Shadows, and Darkest Mercy. I really would like to reread this series when I find the time. The world building was amazing, and the Summer King was an amazing character.
Wicked Lovely Series Review

12-18.) From The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate, I got Fallen, Torment, and the novella, Falling in Love. I have read this series, but it was a really long time ago and I honestly cannot remember much about it. I plan on rereading as soon as I can! From The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series, I got Shiver and Linger. The same with these books, I read them quite a long time ago and really need to read them again! I do remember liking them, but that's about it! And from the Hex Hall Series, I got Hex Hall and Spell Bound, and sadly, same goes for these books! haha I did read them, but I honestly can't remember much. All of these books in this stack are on my To Be Re-Read pile, and I swear, I will get to them one day! (:

19-24.) This is kind of a random stack. The first book is Of Blood and Honey by Stina Leicht, Fey and the Fallen book 1. This has been on my TBR list for over two years now, and I figured if I had a physical copy of the book, I'd actually get to reading it sooner! The second book is Switched from the Trylle Series by Amanda Hocking. I liked the originality of the troll concept in this series, and the book cover is beautiful. Then, there are two books from the Faeriewalker Series by Jenna Black- Sirensong and Glimmerglass. I really enjoyed that series, and I would like to read it again. Plus the book covers are gorgeous! The final two are from the Wings Series by Aprilynne Pike. This series has also been somewhere in my heaping TBR pile for a couple years now. Wings and Spells are the first two books, and if I like them enough, I will grab Illusions and Destined.
Trylle Series Review
Faeriewalker Series Review

25-31.) I also got three books from the Vampire Academy Series, Vampire Academy, Frostbite, and Shadow Kissed. I've already read this series, but I've been in the mood to read them again. I'm only one book short of owning the entire series! I also bought two books from Richelle Mead's Dark Swan Series, Iron Crowned and Storm Born. The Dark Swan Series is amazing! Surprisingly, it's another amazingly built Fae world, and one of my favorite series! And finally, I got the first two books in the Gods & Monsters Series by Kelly Keaton. Darkness Becomes Her and A Beautiful Evil. That series was pretty good, a modern retelling of the Medusa story. That about wraps up my insanely huge book haul this month! My homework may have to take a backseat this weekend..(:
Dark Swan Series Review
Gods & Monsters Series Review

My beautiful book collection to date!

Tags: book haul, updates, tbrs, new books, book reviews

4 comments:

  1. The Modern Faerie Tale Series by Holly Black is definitely one of my favorite YA series. It pushes the boundaries for YA- a lot of people think it's a bit too edgy, but I loved it.
    Another great haul post- I've never heard of half.com but now I'll check it out!
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so excited to read it. Thank you! I like edgy- twisted and dark and my favorite styles of writing, but I understand when it comes to YA. I wouldn't want my teen reading some of the stuff they claim to be "YA." half.com is amazing.. you can find most used books for around $.75, all you pay for is the shipping. Media mail shipping isn't too expensive either! Good luck and thank you for your comment (:

      Delete
  2. Beautiful collection! And yay, Wicked Lovely! I loved that series, too, but I must admit to being biased with anything fae related. :) Ah yes, the Fever series! I really must get around to reading those. I've heard so many amazing things, especially about Barrons, lol.

    Great haul! $100 for all of that is quite the steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am also biased with Fae Series! My grandfather was Celtic pagan and actually raised me to believe in faeries. People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them that, but it's a huge part of my heritage and I embrace it. So faeries and me have a long history, and some of the worlds I've read are so much like the stories my grandfather used to tell me growing up. It's almost bittersweet to read about them, because it takes me back to my childhood! Please read the Fever Series. It is in my top five favorite series EVER! And Barrons, OMG. He is freaking amazing.. you will not be disappointed! (:

      Delete