1. Thank the blogger who nominates you.
2. Answer the 11 questions she/he asks of you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Ask these 11 bloggers 11 questions of your own.
6. Let them know you have mentioned them.
So let's start with the 11 questions from Talina..
1. What do you like most about blogging?
This is a tough one, because I'm so new at blogging. Well, I started doing it for myself, to remember what books I've read and what books I'd like to read. It began as my personal journal, and people ended up liking it. I really enjoy letting everyone know about a particular book that I absolutely loved, as well as a book that I didn't feel was worth the time to read. I give my own opinions and there are people out there that actually want to hear them! (:
2. Where is your favorite place to read?
I have my back deck of my second floor apartment set up with a cozy reader's nook. There is a super comfy chair there, a table for my coffee of course, and a ton of plants. As soon as it gets dark, I retreat to the cave, as my roommate calls it.
3. What is your favorite book series?
Ouch. Do I really have to pick just one? I think that's honestly impossible for me. How about one for NA & one for YA? (:
New Adult: The Fae Chronicles by Amelia Hutchins
Young Adult: Lux Series by Jennifer Armentrout
4. Do you have any books that you disliked or hated?
Not really. I've read books that I just can't get through because they start off slow, but I don't necessarily dislike them. Oh, wait, I can think of a few.. all by Nicolas Sparks. I think that man hates women; he must have had some sort of bad experience with a woman he loved because he sure loves to make us all sob our eyes out uncontrollably.
5. What is your favorite tv show/movie?
Well, I'm in college and I'm really poor (lol not joking!)so I don't own a TV. I used to watch SyFy a lot though.. especially shows like Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth. My favorite movie.. a toss up between The Longest Yard and Jerry Maguire.
6. How many books do you own in physically and in e-book?
So, the previous question where I mentioned that I'm really poor.. that could be because I spend all of my money on books. I own around 700 paperback / hardback books and another 500+ on my Nook. I have a ridiculously huge book collection that I refuse to move.. ever. Who is going to carry all of those books from my second floor apartment?
7. What is/was your favorite subject in school?
I'm an English major, but my favorite subject was always Social Studies- I wanted to major in Archaeology but apparently, archaeologists are glorified hobos, and I'm not cool with that.
8. Who is your favorite author?
Another one of these questions..(: I absolutely love Jennifer Armentrout.. her Covenant and Lux Series both were amazing, but I am slightly disappointed with her newer stuff. Age of X was good, but not amazing good. I also really love Anne Rice for birthing the entire gothic / paranormal genre.
9. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you bring with you?
My first thoughts were my coffee pot and my Nook, but this island most likely doesn't have electricity. A charged cell phone so that I can get the hell off of this so called island? (: No, seriously, I would bring a copy of Stephen King's It because I have never had the time to get through that crazy big book, a gallon of soap because, let's face it, no one likes a stinky beach bum, aaaand.. I'm still saying the coffee pot. I would be lost without coffee.
10. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
I really don't watch TV/Movies all that much. I really love Adam Sandler and the host from Destination Truth, Josh Gates. I love men that can make me laugh!
11. If you could date any fictional character in any book, who would it be?
I love this question Talina, thank you! I would, hands down, kidnap Daemon from Lux and keep him tied to my bed for eternity. Sigh.
Questions from Tikaa
1. What do you like the most about being a book blogger?
The fact that people actually want to hear my opinions..(:
2. What book has been your hardest to review. Why?
The Elementalists by C. Sharp. It was not what I was expecting at all. The blurb mentioned dragons, so I'm thinking.. fantasy. It turned out to be something so different, deep and meaningful to me. It took me a while to collect my thoughts and actually review it.
3. What was your favorite book(s) growing up?
The Goosebumps Series by R.L. Stine, Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell, anything by Christopher Pike.. too many to name. I've always been a huge book nerd!
4. What is your favorite trilogy? (not series)
hmm.. I really liked The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins.
5. If you were living in a Dystopian world where as a team, you had to overthrow the government or society, what 4 other fictional characters would you choose to assist you?
Wow. I'm gonna say Jayne from War of the Fae by Elle Casey, cause she's totally badass. Seth from the Covenant Series by Jennifer Armentrout because everyone needs an Apollyon now and then. Atticus from Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne; he's like the MacGyver of the Fae. And Daemon from the Lux Series by Jennifer Armentrout, just cause we all need a little eye candy! (:
6. If you could re-write any book, what would it be? Why?
These questions are crazy Tikaa! I would totally rewrite Twilight so that she ends up with Jacob. Come on, don't hate. Jacob is crazy sexy, whereas Edward is a creeper. For real.
7. What is your all time favorite book? (just one, I wanted to make it a bit difficult lol)
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. Or Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice. It's impossible to only pick one!
8. Do you have any other hobbies besides reading and blogging?
Creating, art, sewing, hiking, rock climbing.. I love being anywhere in the middle of nature.
9. Even though it's a bit early for a top 10 list of your favorite books for 2014, what 3 books are you 100% certain will make it on the list this year.
1. Opposition - Book 5 of the Lux Series by Jennifer Armentrout
2. Haze - Book 2 of the Rephaim Series by Paula Weston
3. Silver Shadows - Book 5 of Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead
10. Hate is a strong word, but what book(s) do you absolutely despise?
Anything by Nicolas Sparks. I 'dislike' sobbing hysterically while reading. It makes my eyes blurry and I can't see the words. (:
Yay, that was more fun than I thought it would be. Thanks Talina and Tikaa for the wonderful questions! Now here are my questions to the 11 nominations...
1. What is your favorite genre of book to read and your favorite book from that genre?
2. If you could live in any world from a book, which would it be and why?
3. Who is your favorite fictional character of the same sex? Does this character remind you of yourself, or someone you would like to be?
4. Who is your favorite fictional character of the opposite sex? Why? (:
5. Tell me the most random fact about you.
6. When did you start your blog, and why?
7. If an alien invasion started tomorrow and you had to hide in a bomb shelter, name three things you would bring with you.
8. How many books do you own? (Physical and e-books included)
9. If you could pick one supernatural trait to have, what would it be?
10. What is your all-time favorite book or series?
11. What book are you most anticipating reading, whether it not be released yet, or you just haven't gotten around to it?
11 random facts about me...
1. I was raised by pagans. (haha, really, not joking :)
2. My family is Irish and Native American, and I was raised to believe in faeries. The real ones. Seriously.
3. I have been to over a hundred concerts. (and loved every one of them!)
4. I design clothing in my spare time, with crazy artwork either sewn or airbrushed onto it.
5. I want to get into the editing/publishing field when I finish school.
6. My body is 75% Ramen noodles and take out Chinese, because that's all I eat. I would kill for a home cooked meal. Ahem, mom.. if you're reading this, hook a daughter up!
7. My nickname from my grandmother is Spirit Wolf. I don't know how that's a nickname, but it's what she always called me.
8. I am a closet Air Supply and Bon Jovi fan. Yes, sad, I know..
9. I had a pet pig (best friend) named Arnold when I was 7. My parents butchered him and tried to make me eat him. I still love me some bacon though..(:
10. I was obviously raised on a farm in Amish country. I thought horses and carriages were the best way to get around until I was 10.
11. Uhh.. I have an unhealthy addiction to reading. I would much rather finish a good book than be a coherent person the next morning!
And the nominees are....(in my best TV show host voice)
1. May Huang at Miles to Go Before I Sleep
2. Noelia at A Day in Bookland
3. Bee at Let Books Bee
4. Emma at The Book Brief
5. Mallory at Mallory Books
6. Melissa at In a Bookish World
7. Ericka at Highway-YA
8. Busy Brunette at Busy Brunette's Bookshelf
9. Swathi at Give Me the Books
10. Tanya at Tanya's Imagination