Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Lost Prince - Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten by Julie Kagawa

The Lost Prince
By Julie Kagawa
The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten book 1
Paperback: 377 pages
Publication Date: October 23, 2012
Published By: Harlequin Teen
Rated:
4 out of 5 Stars
| Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |
| Official Site | Twitter | Facebook |
Related Reviews: The Iron Fey Series

____________________________________________

Don’t look at Them.
Never let Them know
you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

My name is Ethan Chase.
And I may not live to see my
eighteenth birthday.


The plot line for this book instantly reminded me of the original Iron Fey Series, with Ethan the main character instead of Meghan. The only difference is that Ethan pulls a human in with him to the Fae world, whereas Meghan met Ash in Faerie. As always, Miss Kagawa writes an intriguing story that the reader absolutely cannot put down. There are twists and turns throughout that make the plot line thick and unpredictable. The world building is already in place from the first series, but Julie does add on to it, building it into something ever more spectacular. The world of Faerie is written wonderfully, with beautiful descriptions that I can picture perfectly in my mind. Ethan is a complex protagonist, and it is kind of strange reading from the male POV. She wrote it very well though, with no awkwardness at all when it comes to his character. He is a broody, self-absorbed jackass towards everyone, but his personality is all a front. To keep people away from him. He is a loyal, sensitive, caring jackass deep down, and I really connected with his character. Kenzie, on the other hand, is a strong female. She doesn't care what people think of her, and she is very brave and persistent. The reader finds out later on in the book why she is the way she is, but I don't do spoilers here! We only get a glimpse into Meghan and Ash's lives, but there is a crazy twist that happens between the two of them that involves Ethan. Sigh. Thankfully, Puck also makes a few appearances in this book as well. He is one of my favorite characters, with his sarcastic humor and charm! A beautifully written spin-off series that I cannot wait to continue! Damn, I love Miss Kagawa's Fae world. She is a master at writing, and I don't believe I could possibly not like anything she has written.


"'Care to join me, Goodfellow?'
'Oh, ice-boy. A moonlight stroll with you? Do you even have to ask?'
-Ash & Puck

"“Good. I would hate to have you eaten before we even get started,” he purred, raking his claws across the wood. “You appear to have the same recklessness as your sister, always rushing into things without thinking them through.” “Don’t compare me to Meghan,” I said, narrowing my eyes. “I’m not like her.” “Indeed. She, at least, had a pleasant personality.”" -Grimalkin

"“And if it gets you killed?” She shrugged and looked away. “No one lives forever.”" -Kenzie & Ethan

Connect with Julie Kagawa: | Official Site | Twitter | Facebook |
✯Related Reviews: The Iron Fey Series

5 comments:

  1. I've been hearing so much about this author! Her books sound great, love your review.
    I tagged you to do the Book Cake Tag! Check it out :) http://andsothebookbegins.blogspot.com/2014/10/book-cake-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie Kagawa is truly amazing! Her Blood of Eden series is great, as well as the Iron Fey Chronicles. She has a new series coming out called Talon at the end of this month that I am soooo looking forward to! I hope you check her out! Thank you so much for the tag, I will check it out now (:

      Delete
  2. I've never read any of Julie Kagawa's books, but I have heard so many great things about her previously written ones and also about her upcoming novel Talon. I have bought a copy of the Iron Fey book one but it is still waiting in my TBR! I must push it up if it's as good as this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG gurl.. read it! It is amazing.. the entire Iron Fey Series is phenomenal! You will fall in love with Meghan and Ash from the first four books in the series.. as well as Puck. It's humorous, romantic, adventurous; with a beautiful descriptive world that Miss Kagawa explores wonderfully! I can't recommend it enough. And there are already 6 books out in the series so far! Good luck, and I really do hope you pick the series up! You will not be disappointed (:

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read this book. I loved her Iron Fey series, but I haven't got around to readin this or Iron Traitor just yet.

    ReplyDelete