Friday, September 5, 2014

Be With Me by J. Lynn - For You Series #2


paranormal book reviews, dystopian
Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…
paranormal book reviews, dystopian
This is the second book in the 'For You' series by Jennifer Armentrout, writing as J. Lynn. I put off reading this series for quite a while because the paranormal aspect was non existent. I'm not a huge fan of cheesy romance novels, but I should have never expected typical cheesy romance from Miss Armentrout. Her writing was amazing as always, and I wish I would never have doubted her ability to bring so much more than just romance to the plate. Be With You hooked me from the start, and I really did feel a huge connection to her characters. Jase (wiping the drool from my chin) is amazingly sexy, mysterious, and jaded in all of the wrong ways. Yet he is the perfectly written man. His sweet, thoughtfulness over shadows his problems by miles. Tess is wonderfully written as well, going through several earth shattering experiences while trying to find her place in the world. They discover each other in the middle of the mess that their lives have become. Although their feelings for each other bring about a whole new list of troubles, can they overcome the impossible and open themselves up for the pain that a relationship can bring? Or will they ruin everything between them because of the fear of heartbreak?

This book was well written, with so much steamy sexual tension, as well as the release of that tension on a few occasions. And the cover, sigh, is incredibly sexy! Cam and Avery do play a role in the story as well, and I was thrilled about that development! I truly dislike a series that each book changes main characters, but Miss Armentrout pulled it off perfectly. By the end, I was asking, 'Cam who'? Give this series a chance, you will not regret it!

paranormal book reviews, dystopian

"Hi, I said, waving my hand as awkwardly as humanly possible. His father's smile spread as he strode toward us, his head cocked to the side in a mannerism that reminded me of Jase. You cannot be related to Came. There is no way a pretty girl like you shares DNA with that ugly mug. A surpised laugh broke free. I think I liked this guy. And there is also no way you're here with this one. He nodded his head at Jase, who frowned. You must be lost. Okay. I really liked this guy. You're right. I don't even know who this person is. Jase's frown slipped into a scowl as he glanced down at me. What the hell? I grinned."

"He stared at me a moment as his hands on my wrists spasmed. His arms extended out, putting a few inches in between our bodies, and I should've kept my damn mouth shut. 'Fuck', he said, voice hoarse, and dragged me back against him. Jase lowered his head and his mouth was on mine before I even realized what was happening. My brain was way behind what was going on, but he kissed me- he was kissing me. His lips were on mine, and there was nothing soft and sweet about this kiss. I was branded in seconds. There was a brief second where I worried about his father finding us like this, and, well, that would just be awkward. The threat vanished as his hands slid down my throat, over my shoulders, to my hips. Being caught? Total nonissue."

Book reviews relating to this one: Wait For You - Book #1 in For You Series

Connect with J. Lynn (Jennifer Armentrout): JenniferArmentrout.com; Goodreads; Twitter; Amazon; Barnes & Noble.

Tags: romance, Jennifer Armentrout, J. Lynn, Stay With Me Series, book reviews, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment