Saturday, May 2, 2015

Updated Ramblings of a Book Nerd..

Hey beautiful readers! I have been extremely busy this year, and haven't had a whole lot of time for reading or blogging. Spring classes are coming to a close; this has been one hell of a semester, for sure! Finals are almost over, papers have been written, hundreds of text book pages highlighted and more notes taken than I thought my hand was capable of writing. A breath of fresh air as the spring weather is getting warmer and the busyness of my life is slowing. Sigh. I have every intention of spending as much time as possible curled up under my favorite tree with a good book and a cup of coffee! I'm so close, I can feel it in my bones.. (:

I recently found out that my favorite series EVER.. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater is apparently never going to end. The release date was originally set for September of this year, but it has been pushed back until February of 2016. Are you freaking kidding me Maggie?! It feels as if I have been waiting for the final book in this amazing series for forever and a half, dammit! I am beyond disappointed in this news because, honestly, I just don't think I'm going to find a series out there that I like better than this one. Seriously. It was that fantastic and wonderfully written. If you have been living under a rock and have yet to read this series, I fully suggest that you do! Now. Yesterday, actually. (:

As for what to read right now.. I have been away from the blogging world for so long, I would love any suggestions. What books have you folks read recently that you absolutely loved? I look forward to hearing from all of you.. I have missed you book nerds! I am so happy to be back with all of you!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you'll be posting more - for me it's the opposite with my own exams coming up soon! I also hate when release dates are pushed back, which is why I often try to wait until every book in the series is out. A great book I read recently is Talon, not sure if you've read it but you can see my review here: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/05/review-talon-talon-1-by-julie-kagawa.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sad to hear that too. :( Let's hope she's postponed it for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure why I can't reply back, but thank you ladies for stopping by! Good luck on your exams Miss Anna, and I will definitely check out your review. And yes, I am hoping that she wraps it all up wonderfully without killing Gansey. That's all I ask for, honestly! Much love ladies, it is great to be back. I have missed reading for pleasure so much (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still waiting for the next book in the Young Wizard series by Diane Duane. It's been many years since the last was published and the date just keeps getting pushed back. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete