Saturday, October 11, 2014

Restraint - The Revelation Series 2 by Randi Cooley Wilson

Restraint
By Randi Cooley Wilson
The Revelation Series book #2
Ebook: 224 pages
Publication Date: July 22, 2014
Published By: Smashwords
Rated:
4.4 out of 5 Stars
| Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble |
| Smashwords | Official Site | Twitter |
Related Reviews: The Revelation Series 1

____________________________________________


A forbidden love will become deeper.
A loyalty will be tested.
And only darkness will remain.

One revelation changed everything, turning Eve Collin’s world upside down. Now, she’s left to struggle with her identity and allegiance. Haunted by grief and tempted by her increasing attraction to her protector, will she ever truly be safe from enemies that refuse to give up?

Restraint is an addictively spellbinding continuation of Eve’s journey of self-discovery, love and sacrifice that will change everything.


I fell in love with the first book in this series, and this one was no different. As soon as I started reading it, I couldn't put it down! Eve is the 'Daughter of Heaven', created by the archangel, Michael for the purpose of redeeming the human race. She is beginning to accept this fact, and what her future holds for her. But Eve is not safe. There are creatures from both sides of the spectrum after her. From gargoyle clans that are supposed to be protectors of the human race, to high level demons, including Lucifer himself. They all want Eve for their own purposes. Thankfully, she has her own clan of gargoyles to protect her. The London clan, consisting of McKenna and her mate Keegan, Callan and his mate Abby, and Asher. Asher St. Michael. The sexiest man.. gargoyle to walk the planet. He is a brooding, cocky pain in the ass. But Eve and Asher share a blood bond- he is her protector and she is completely in love with him. Forbidden love. Gargoyle protectors are not permitted to have romantic relationships with their charges. The punishment is stone petrification- which is a fate worse than death. If the Royal Protector Council were to find out of their relationship, it would become Asher's fate. But they have no intentions of telling anyone outside of the family- it must be kept quiet. Until someone tells. There is a traitor living closely, and no one knows who it is. But is this traitor willing to sacrifice Asher and Eve's lives? And can the family pinpoint the snitch before time runs out for Eve and Asher?

Gah! I can't believe it ended the way that it did. I am heartbroken Miss Wilson. This story is addicting, to say the least. I felt immediate connections to all of the characters- not just Asher and Eve. Asher is the perfect male in my opinion. He is a cocky, arrogant, sarcastic asshole. Sigh. He's my new book boyfriend! His sensitive side only shows with Eve; he is completely in love with her and will sacrifice his own health and happiness to ensure that she is safe. Although he fails a few times in this book, he doesn't let his guilt ruin their relationship. Eve is a strong protagonist. Although she has recently found out that she has no real family, and she was created by Heaven for their own purposes- she handles it well. She is not falling apart, whining or complaining about her hand in life. She deals with everything thrown at her without losing herself- and for that, I have so much respect for her. The other characters all play a huge role in this book, and I felt connected to each of them in some way or another. The world building is good, although most of it was accomplished in Revelations. This story just builds on the world a bit more. The plot line was thick and twisted, deep and dark- I enjoyed the way Miss Wilson took the plot- all except for the END! Ugh! I cannot wait for the third book in this series to be released, as this one ended with the worst cliffhanger possible. This story is well written, thought out thoroughly, and a must read for any urban fantasy or paranormal fan! I highly recommend this one!

Revelations - Book 1 Review
Redemption - Book 3 - Release Date: December 15, 2014

"'I've got you, siren.' His voice has the seal of a promise to it. My chest swells at his declaration and physical presence. Asher brushes the hair back from my face, entangling his hands in the long, light brown strands while searching my eyes. I close them, afraid of what he might find. No one should endure living with death hanging over their head everyday...but this is our reality." -Asher & Eve

"'Eve.' My name softly rolls off his tongue, like a prayer, causing my entire body to flood with need. Gentle hands cup my face as his lips brush across mine in a tease. Once. Twice. On the third touch, they firmly press into mine, devouring me. With every stroke, I cling tighter to Asher's shirt for support. Each caress of his lips causes my blood to rush, filling me with a burning desire, making me feel whole. God, I've never wanted anyone more than him. It's like my soul already knows it's his."

"Asher just inhales and watches me. Then, with great self-control, he says,'So, now, you're with Gage?' 'Yes. In Paris, at his loft.' I study him, watching me. Why is he so composed? Asher's still for a moment longer while he contemplates what I've told him. His eyes roam down me and stop on the blanket before his face morphs into fuming anger. 'WHAT. THE. FUCK. EVE. Where are your fucking clothes?' he shouts in a controlled whisper. Seriously, I've been standing here for like fifteen minutes and he's just now noticing the blanket. I forgot when I project, it's in the items I'm wearing."

Related Reviews:
✯Revelations Series book 1
✯Revelations Series book 3 Release Date: December 15, 2014
Connect with Randi Cooley Wilson:
| Official Site | Twitter |
Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Book Review, Angels, Demons

2 comments:

  1. Gah, this cover is amazing! I absolutely love it and just needed to know what this review was like, even though I haven't read the others in the series.

    It sounds awesome! The books that are addicting and you can never put down are always the best. I am glad you found it and enjoyed it as much as the first, and hope the third book lives up to the rest!

    I have also been reading a book about angels lately ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover as well, which is what kind of made me want to read the first book! This is a really great series so far, although the ending is pretty rough. No hints on your angels book..? (: I hope you enjoy it, I really do like the angel sub genre a lot, although it's no Faerie.. heh heh

    ReplyDelete